Tierra Vista Self-Help Store
For your convenience, we have listed common tasks that residents can easily self-maintain; most of which will only take a few minutes. Self-Help is located at the Community Management Office. For more information, please call us at (719) 597-7200. Thank you.
We have listed common tasks that residents can easily self-maintain, most of which will only take a few minutes.
• Light Bulb replacement
• Doorstop and/or door bumper replacement
• Tighten loose screws on hinges and cabinet hardware
• Air Filter replacement for HVAC units
• Remove foreign matter from toilets, sinks and bathtub drains with a “plumber’s friend” (rubber suction cup plunger)
• Weed and upkeep plant and flower beds
• Maintain clean and unobstructed walking surfaces to include sidewalks, porches, patios, entryways, carports and driveways. To promote safety, areas should be free of plant and other growth.
Located at the Peterson AFB’s old BX, on the east side facing the Base Chapel, the Tierra Vista Self Help Store can provide you with the following supplies at NO COST.
The following items are available to be picked up at the Self Help Store:
- Grass seed - 1 bag per quarter
- HVAC filter - as needed
- Top soil - one (1) bag per quarter
- Fluorescent light bulbs - one for one
- Water Filters - one for one (one per year)
- Blind Slats (10 per year)
The following can be checked out for three (3) calendar days, but needs to be picked up at the Self-Help Store:
- Push lawn mower, shovel, or rake
PLEASE NOTE: Loaner equipment will be issued on a first come first served basis. Please help us by returning the equipment clean and in good working condition for the next family to use.
Contact the Tierra Vista Community Management Office for more information, or stop by the Self Help Store today!
*Items are subject to availability and seasonality; please contact the Tierra Vista Community Management Office for more information.