For your convenience we have listed common tasks that residents can easily self-maintain, most of which will only take a few minutes.
Light Bulb replacement
Doorstop and/or door bumper replacement
Tighten loose screws on hinges and cabinet hardware
Air Filter replacement for HVAC units
Remove foreign matter from toilets, sinks and bathtub drains with a “plumber’s friend” (rubber suction cup plunger)
Weed and upkeep plant and flower beds
Maintain clean and unobstructed walking surfaces to include sidewalks, porches, patios, entryways, carports and driveways. To promote safety, areas should be free of plant and other growth
For added convenience, we provide Residents with the following Self-Help items at no cost.
- Grass seed - one (1) bag per quarter
- HVAC filter - as needed
- Top soil - six (6) bags per quarter
- Vertical blind slats - ten (10) slats per month
- Toilet seats - three (3) per year
- Fluorescent light bulbs - MUST BRING old burnt out bulb to exchange for a new bulb
- 1 quart of touch up paint - one (1) quart per quarter
- 10 year lithium 9 volt batteries for smoke detectors
The following can be checked out for 3 calendar days, but needs to be picked up at the Self Help Store:
- Push lawn mower
- Landscape tools and small hand tools
- Push broom
- 20 foot collapsible cleaning pole
- Hand dolly to move bulky items
* Items are subject to availability and seasonality; please contact your community management office for more information.